These instructions were designed with you in mind.
In order to assure that your recovery time is as comfortable as possible, please be sure to:
- Stay away from hard or sticky foods and refrain from biting anything hard with the temporized teeth (especially the front teeth) Avoid biting into bagels, hard candy, popcorn, spareribs, apples, chewing gum, caramel, sandwiches, carrots, chicken wings, etc…
- Brush very lightly over the temporized area with a soft toothbrush. SONICARE or ORAL-B rotary brush is fine to use. If you use a HYDROFLOSS, you may continue.
- Avoid spicy foods.
- Do not floss.
- Use the Rinse provided as directed.
- Use the rubber tip stimulator twice a day as instructed.
- For patients who have had laser tissue recontouring: You may experience bleeding when you brush for area for 2-3 days…use a warm salt water rinse daily. This will speed the healing process.
- Please do not eat anything or drink any hot beverages until your anesthesia wears off completely.
- It is normal for you to feel sensitivity in the area worked on the day of your preparation and the day after. You may take an anti-inflammatory such as ALEVE or ADVIL for the discomfort.
- If you have anything other than minor discomfort during the temporization phase of treatment or any questions at all, please feel free to call our office.